Skip to main content

The Gift of Hope

Waking up, now that September has ended it feels as if the entire month of September passed away just like that in a dream.

September had been a chaotic month for me professionally. Hectic schedules, crazy deadlines and mammoth work load. Not to forget the emotional atyachaar in my personal life as well. The only solace was my blog where I was being showered by award after award which made me smile despite all these things.

I share a very different relationship with God which is difficult to describe. All that I can say is for Me He is a buddy; my BEST BUDDY. I want to cry, crib, laugh, hate, love, get angry on, scream, fight or argue it has to be with Him. So as I was going through all this somewhere it had to lead me to Him. And it did. In the 2nd week of this month as I went through some emotional turmoil I looked up at Him and asked ‘What is that you want me to see and understand?’ But I got no answer. I was not hurt because this is how He is. He does not answer immediately but I knew I would get it soon.

At a path where I had to choose a left or a right not knowing which one was actually the right one!
Last weekend I had an office conference to attend at one of my dream destinations Goa. My heart was continuously skipping beats as I counted my days to be at Goa and live my dream. I thought maybe this would be the change I was looking for away from all this chaos. But I was proven wrong. I was with some 300+ people from across the world and yet I was all alone there. I was in no mood to make any new acquaintances as I remembered I was here to live a dream. And that I did to the fullest!

Walking away trying to look for some answers inside and outside Me
I took long walks at the beach all my myself at all possible hours of the day /night, clicked some lovely pictures (280+!!!) and spent a wonderful time with someone as important as Me. This is a rarity as I never do this. I listened as my heart spoke to me from the deepest corners bringing forth things which I had buried deep inside. As I hugged the morning sun rays I could feel its warmth on my soul. As I inhaled the fresh air I could sense the ripples it caused inside me. Lying besides nature I felt a deep connection with everything around me. I was so thankful to God for this holiday. And yes ! I fell in love, all over again with life. 

Imagine reading a book under a tree nearby this pond - Sheer Bliss!!
As all good things come to an end, so did this holiday. Though I would have never wanted it to, but I knew I had to let it end so that I could begin it afresh once again sometime in future. I was leaving with a heavy heart and that is when God decided to give me my surprise gift. He had saved it for the end as I am sure He knew I would need that gift more at that time. I saw a rainbow outside my plane window. And it was so mesmerizing. It was so close to me, yet to so far. Standing there is all its magnificent glory, shining away. I have seen quite a few rainbows but none so closely. I had read somewhere that seeing a rainbow means you are blessed. And at that moment that is exactly how I felt. BLESSED! That rainbow spelled HOPE for Me. Hope for a better time in future and hope to keep fighting till the time all ends well as it will be all worth in the end. 
Sun trying to peep through the clouds. This is how HOPE is...trying to peep despite the greyness around.
Since the time I have understood the realities of life all that I have ever wanted is to be loved, unconditionally. Coming to think of it, I think it is bad to want this as it never happens. I continue to face dejection after dejection but this flicker of hope refuses to die within me. I am amazed as to what keeps it going as it expects someday somewhere I will be loved, unconditionally. But now I know it is this hope which does that. And just when that flame was losing its strength God magically added more fuel to keep it going. Thank you so much God for giving me the Gift of Hope to help me sail through all the turbulent times that lie ahead of me!

So here’s to an Optimistic October as I look forward optimistically to what next does God have in store for Me…!

Source: Google Images

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

P.S: This post has been submitted to That Tuesday Thingy - an Indiblogeshwari Initiative

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Desiccated Land by David Lepeska

  ISBN: 978-9395481205  Genre: Non-fiction Publisher: Vishwakarma Publications  Bringing together his experiences as a journalist and a keen observer, David Lepeska writes a raw and gut-wrenching book on Kashmir. Part memoir, part travelogue, and part reportage, Desiccated Land is a page-turner.  The book starts by tracing the history of the region along with his own history, as a student who was dimly aware of the history of Kashmir and the turmoil it has been causing for centuries between India and Pakistan. Lepenska takes us to Nilamata Purana ( likely written in the 7th century ) which tells us the story leading to the birth of this region. He also shares an alternate possibility of the word being derived from a lake ‘Mira’ named after Vedic Sage Kashyapa.  His first visit to Kashmir closely followed by his second (and much longer) visit as a journalist working for the Kashmir Observer after the 9/11 attacks, make for an interesting read. Lepeska had questions, a lot of them. An

From there to here to where

From this blog in 2011 to Barnes and Noble website, my reviewing journey has been full of surprises.  I am working on an essay tracing it and realized that I started reviewing books in 2001 (Yes! I am old) for a small library next to my house. Needless to add, my payment was in the books. The library owner also happened to be the first person who taught me how to write a book review and what to focus on. And that is where I learned why reviews matter.  Cut to 2016 when my book review was taught in a Literary Criticism class held by British Library. A relative happened to attend that class and the news spread like wildfire in the family. That is the moment when my family knew this much more than just a hobby. 

Book Review: Never Mind Yaar by K Mathur

Introduction ·          ISBN - 978-0-473-17480-4 ·          Genre: Fiction ·          Publishers: Southpac Publishers ·          Price: Rs. 350/- ( I got this book from Blog Adda for a review ) The title is an attitude - our tendency to feel defeated by the scale and nature of certain problems. Rather than meet them head on, we circumvent them with a sigh and a consoling “never mind, yaar”. When long time friends Binaifer Desai and Louella D’Costa meet Shalini Dayal at Gyan Shakti College, a true friendship that transcends cultural and religious backgrounds is born. Louella is a Christian, Binaifer, a Parsi and Shalini, a Hindu. The novel’s main plotline surrounds Shalini who has fallen for an impetuous student activist, Bhagu. Where does his desire to help the less fortunate lead him? The challenges are many - Shalini’s tradition bound family, the couple’s youth and inexperience and the travails of life in Mumbai, a city the girls love but know, is fraug