Skip to main content

A note to you, my friend!




Dear Dumpling,

I know I have told this to you often and very frequently but somehow today I felt like putting it down here as this is the only way I could think of immortalizing our friendship sealing it here in these words forever. In life there are times when we say a lot of things and don’t mean them, mean a lot of things and don’t say and at times we say a lot of things and mean them too. This is one such occasion where I am going to say a lot of things and mean each one of them, truly from my heart!

Source: Google Images

Some people you meet in life and fall in love with them. Some you meet who fall in love with you. And then there are some, who make you fall in love with yourself. As they show you "YOU" the way you have never seen till now!  

I have been very fortunate to have met YOU – who has made me fall in love with myself all over again as you introduced me to a newer myself. 



Every time I think of you and the wonderful friendship we share I cannot help but wonder what on earth I have done to be blessed with something like this. Someone up there is extremely happy with me and hence has sent you my way to remind me of my blessings!

There was a time when I was extremely upset with Him for not giving me a single good friend in my life; for there were many stages where I missed having a buddy by my side. But then over a period of time I realised that everything happens at the right time and ‘that’ perhaps was not the right time for me. For all the questions I barged Him with, He quietly smiled and sent you as an answer to each one of them. As if He was trying to tell me ‘See I compensated for all the years of absence!’, and He was so right. You have made everything seem so worthwhile – the years of wait and loneliness was all worth for eventually it all lead to YOU. I could not have asked for anything better than this. 


Source: Google Images


You know the only complaint now I have with Him is why we never met in childhood. Not that I am not happy right now, but imagine the time we could have got to spend together and create so many beautiful memories by now. I know that meeting right now is never a deterrent in creating memories for us and will never be though I am sure by now you would have managed to create a record in loosing if there is any such thing like that!!




Every joke that we laugh at, every hug that we share, every tear we shed together, every joy that we celebrate – in short every moment that we spent together it is deeply instilled in my mind that what we share is truly special. Something extraordinary as a bond like this is very rare to be found and deserves to be cherished forever and ever. 

Oh YESSSSS I am MORE interested in your icecream than mine, always ;

Pic  Source: Google Images



I love the way whenever I share a secret with you I never have to say please don’t tell this to anyone for I know you never will. I enjoy the ease you bring along with you making me bring out the best in me when I am with you. I cherish the moments when we are able to laugh at just about anything and everything not worrying what the other might be thinking. And I truly and madly love those stomachaches I get after such laughter sessions with you. I adore the madness we bring into about everything we do together ensuring loads of laughter and fun all the while. I appreciate all the pains you take to read each and every thing I write/ say/ imagine as it truly means a lot to have a patient listener in life. I admire the way you take things from oh-so-serious to nonsensical just to make me feel better. I respect you as my worst critic for I know that pushes me to give my best each time just to hear “WOW” from you. I like being myself when I am with you for there is no need for me to be otherwise. I have fun as we debate and discuss our differences celebrating them rather than making an issue out of them. 

I could go on and on filling post after post talking about you but here my ex- BFF (Google) came to my rescue by giving me this picture which expresses everything I want to say:

Google Images


With loads of love, hugs and a promise to keep bugging you forever with such letters,
Your BFF
XOXOXO



P.S: This letter is for my bestest buddy whom I call Dumpling!
 

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Desiccated Land by David Lepeska

  ISBN: 978-9395481205  Genre: Non-fiction Publisher: Vishwakarma Publications  Bringing together his experiences as a journalist and a keen observer, David Lepeska writes a raw and gut-wrenching book on Kashmir. Part memoir, part travelogue, and part reportage, Desiccated Land is a page-turner.  The book starts by tracing the history of the region along with his own history, as a student who was dimly aware of the history of Kashmir and the turmoil it has been causing for centuries between India and Pakistan. Lepenska takes us to Nilamata Purana ( likely written in the 7th century ) which tells us the story leading to the birth of this region. He also shares an alternate possibility of the word being derived from a lake ‘Mira’ named after Vedic Sage Kashyapa.  His first visit to Kashmir closely followed by his second (and much longer) visit as a journalist working for the Kashmir Observer after the 9/11 attacks, make for an interesting read. Lepeska had questions, a lot of them. An

From there to here to where

From this blog in 2011 to Barnes and Noble website, my reviewing journey has been full of surprises.  I am working on an essay tracing it and realized that I started reviewing books in 2001 (Yes! I am old) for a small library next to my house. Needless to add, my payment was in the books. The library owner also happened to be the first person who taught me how to write a book review and what to focus on. And that is where I learned why reviews matter.  Cut to 2016 when my book review was taught in a Literary Criticism class held by British Library. A relative happened to attend that class and the news spread like wildfire in the family. That is the moment when my family knew this much more than just a hobby. 

Book Review: Never Mind Yaar by K Mathur

Introduction ·          ISBN - 978-0-473-17480-4 ·          Genre: Fiction ·          Publishers: Southpac Publishers ·          Price: Rs. 350/- ( I got this book from Blog Adda for a review ) The title is an attitude - our tendency to feel defeated by the scale and nature of certain problems. Rather than meet them head on, we circumvent them with a sigh and a consoling “never mind, yaar”. When long time friends Binaifer Desai and Louella D’Costa meet Shalini Dayal at Gyan Shakti College, a true friendship that transcends cultural and religious backgrounds is born. Louella is a Christian, Binaifer, a Parsi and Shalini, a Hindu. The novel’s main plotline surrounds Shalini who has fallen for an impetuous student activist, Bhagu. Where does his desire to help the less fortunate lead him? The challenges are many - Shalini’s tradition bound family, the couple’s youth and inexperience and the travails of life in Mumbai, a city the girls love but know, is fraug