Skip to main content

A perfect SUNDAY

Remember the time when Sundays used to mean waiting for the evening, to be glued to TV screens for the popular award functions? That was my defination of perfect Sunday. Well today is going to one such as (clearing throat) I have been awarded.

 (*** Doing the happy dance***)

Source: Google Images

So well, its a Liebster Award from Tushar Agarwal who blogs @ My Life, My world. It's really sweet of him to bestow this on me and I am really touched!!

Source: Google Images
Now as we all know there are some rules to be followed:

1. Thank the blogger who has nominated you - I think I already did that!!
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Am a bibliophile.
  • I have close to 400+ books at my home.
  • I have a fetish for shoes ( And no I am not revealing the numbers here!!!)
  • I hate liars and I cannot stand lies.
  • I am very punctual and hence hate people who are not.
  • Very meticulous in nature, I need to plan every moment in advance.
  • I am a hoarder as I have 2 boxes full of knick knacks- letters, greetings cards from my 10th birthday to till date, gifts, slam books, etc etc. 
  • The only accessory I am very fond of is bangles - I have them in all colours, shapes and sizes.
  • Though I am an investment banker today, I never intended to be one while I was studying.
  • I am die hard foodie and love gorging on delicious food.
  • I love life more than anything else in this world :)
3. Answer the questions the blogger has asked you in the post you have been nominated.
  • Why did you start blogging? 
For the love of writing. I just wanted to write and make a difference through my words.
  • You are getting an all expenses paid trip for two to a place of your choice? Where will it be and with whom? 
All by myself and it will be to Leh-Ladakh on a bike!
  • Dog or cat? And why? 
None, for I have a fear of pets.
  • Half a million dollars for slogging for 6 months year or a week’s peace on the beaches of Bahamas? 
I would prefer slogging for 6 months a year as half a million dollars in bank account always seem more beautiful than the beaches of Bahamas ;)
  • What is your deepest fear? 
Being avoided and left alone.
  • How did you propose your girl/guy? Or how you plan to do so? 
In the middle of the road, going on one knee holding a red rose and a 3-1 DVD of movies - Maine Pyar Kyuu Kiya, Tere Naam, Mujhse Shaadi Karoge !
  • One ‘Ctrl + Z’ moment of your life? Something you want to undo if you had a choice?
Well there are many and it would need a separate blog post to list them down. But on second thoughts I might just leave it like that as perhaps those goof ups have made me what I am today.
  • Who is the most ‘marriage-able’ celebrity? 
Siddharth Malhotra ( Am drooling as I write this too.......!!)
  • One thing that can take you to the ultimate heights of fame? 
Perseverance.
  • Do you follow any sports, team, club or a person? Why this love started? 
Undoubtedly SRK. It started with DDLJ . To know more about this love please read this-  A secret Affair
  • Did you like coming to this blog? And will you visit again?
Ofcourse I do and will stalk you now :D

4. Nominate 11 new bloggers. 
 
Cheers to each one of you!! I would like to pass the baton to you now.

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Desiccated Land by David Lepeska

  ISBN: 978-9395481205  Genre: Non-fiction Publisher: Vishwakarma Publications  Bringing together his experiences as a journalist and a keen observer, David Lepeska writes a raw and gut-wrenching book on Kashmir. Part memoir, part travelogue, and part reportage, Desiccated Land is a page-turner.  The book starts by tracing the history of the region along with his own history, as a student who was dimly aware of the history of Kashmir and the turmoil it has been causing for centuries between India and Pakistan. Lepenska takes us to Nilamata Purana ( likely written in the 7th century ) which tells us the story leading to the birth of this region. He also shares an alternate possibility of the word being derived from a lake ‘Mira’ named after Vedic Sage Kashyapa.  His first visit to Kashmir closely followed by his second (and much longer) visit as a journalist working for the Kashmir Observer after the 9/11 attacks, make for an interesting read. Lepeska had questions, a lot of them. An

From there to here to where

From this blog in 2011 to Barnes and Noble website, my reviewing journey has been full of surprises.  I am working on an essay tracing it and realized that I started reviewing books in 2001 (Yes! I am old) for a small library next to my house. Needless to add, my payment was in the books. The library owner also happened to be the first person who taught me how to write a book review and what to focus on. And that is where I learned why reviews matter.  Cut to 2016 when my book review was taught in a Literary Criticism class held by British Library. A relative happened to attend that class and the news spread like wildfire in the family. That is the moment when my family knew this much more than just a hobby. 

Book Review: Never Mind Yaar by K Mathur

Introduction ·          ISBN - 978-0-473-17480-4 ·          Genre: Fiction ·          Publishers: Southpac Publishers ·          Price: Rs. 350/- ( I got this book from Blog Adda for a review ) The title is an attitude - our tendency to feel defeated by the scale and nature of certain problems. Rather than meet them head on, we circumvent them with a sigh and a consoling “never mind, yaar”. When long time friends Binaifer Desai and Louella D’Costa meet Shalini Dayal at Gyan Shakti College, a true friendship that transcends cultural and religious backgrounds is born. Louella is a Christian, Binaifer, a Parsi and Shalini, a Hindu. The novel’s main plotline surrounds Shalini who has fallen for an impetuous student activist, Bhagu. Where does his desire to help the less fortunate lead him? The challenges are many - Shalini’s tradition bound family, the couple’s youth and inexperience and the travails of life in Mumbai, a city the girls love but know, is fraug